QHSSE is central to everything we do. Through a relentless pursuit of the very best QHSSE standards, we can not only safeguard health and environment, but also continuously enhance our business and ensure high quality deliveries for our clients around the world.
Safe, secure and stable operations
“It is important that safety – including security – is maintained in all phases of our operations. The geopolitical situation is changing, and security is therefore highlighted in the QHSSE program 2023.
Odfjell Drilling is expanding the activity level, now moving from 6 to 8 rigs in operation. A key to safe, secure and stable operations is therefore to ensure the right competence and capacity within all areas of our company.
We work relentlessly to deliver great results to all our clients through continuous development of quality processes, safety standards and environmental care. To succeed, I need you and your focus, every day.
Prioritise safety in everything you do, both at work and in your spare time”
Odfjell Drilling shall maintain the highest safety standard and protect the health of our employees and others associated with our operations. Operations shall be conducted according to sound and environmental principles and in a manner to minimise any adverse environmental impact.
Odfjell Drilling shall provide its customers with quality and innovative products and services meeting external and internal requirements and expectations.
Odfjell Drilling shall protect its personnel, assets, and business from potential security threats, including cybersecurity threats. Security is an integral part of line management responsibility; the security and protection of employees must be the overriding priority of all business activities.
Life saving rules
Everyone at Odfjell Drilling works to a set of life-saving rules, designed to reduce the risk of harm when working in challenging conditions
The following environmental principles supporting the HSE Policy are defined:
- Use energy and other natural resources efficiently
- Minimise waste generation and promote reduce, reuse, and recycle opportunities
- Work systematically to replace or reduce harmful chemicals
- Integrate environmental considerations into planning and development of new activities and products
- Consider environmental performance in selecting suppliers and contractors
- I will always comply with rules and procedures
- I will always risk assess my work
- I will always act when I see unsafe behaviour and conditions
Compliance with the HSE rules is a personal responsibility
Human Performance Principles
The following human performance principles supporting the HSE Policy are defined:
- People will make mistakes
- Mistakes are typically due to underlying conditions and systems
- Understanding why mistakes happen can help us prevent or correct them
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn
- Facility, tools, and processes can be designed to reduce mistakes and manage risk better
- How you respond to failure matters – how leaders act and respond counts