QHSSE is central to everything we do. Through a relentless pursuit of the very best QHSSE standards, we can not only safeguard health and environment, but also continuously enhance our business and ensure high quality deliveries for our clients around the world.
Safety performance – The way we work
Safety performance continues to be our top priority and despite improvements achieved through 2023, our safety performance journey continues.
Our ultimate objective is to avoid major accidents. That calls for continuous and purposeful commitment – commitment from all of us in all we do. Risk understanding and strong barrier management are fundamentals for good safety, and barrier management competence lifts is
therefore a key priority the coming years.
Our 2024 QHSSE program is aligned with our QHSSE strategy:
– Prevent major accidents
– Simplify and Standardise procedures
– Strengthen the working environment
– Continue the attention on security and cyber security threats
– Minimize our environmental impact
Contribution and dedication from all colleagues are key to avoiding incidents and ensuring the well-being of all of us.
Odfjell Drilling shall maintain the highest safety standard and protect the health of our employees and others associated with our operations. Operations shall be conducted according to sound and environmental principles and in a manner to minimise any adverse environmental impact.
Odfjell Drilling shall provide its customers with quality and innovative products and services meeting external and internal requirements and expectations.
Odfjell Drilling shall protect its personnel, assets, and business from potential security threats, including cybersecurity threats. Security is an integral part of line management responsibility; the security and protection of employees must be the overriding priority of all business activities.
Life saving rules
Everyone at Odfjell Drilling works to a set of life-saving rules, designed to reduce the risk of harm when working in challenging conditions
The following environmental principles supporting the HSE Policy are defined:
- Use energy and other natural resources efficiently
- Minimise waste generation and promote reduce, reuse, and recycle opportunities
- Work systematically to replace or reduce harmful chemicals
- Integrate environmental considerations into planning and development of new activities and products
- Consider environmental performance in selecting suppliers and contractors
- I will always comply with rules and procedures
- I will always risk assess my work
- I will always act when I see unsafe behaviour and conditions
Compliance with the HSE rules is a personal responsibility
Human Performance Principles
The following human performance principles supporting the HSE Policy are defined:
- People will make mistakes
- Mistakes are typically due to underlying conditions and systems
- Understanding why mistakes happen can help us prevent or correct them
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn
- Facility, tools, and processes can be designed to reduce mistakes and manage risk better
- How you respond to failure matters – how leaders act and respond counts