Are you interested in working Internationally?
Weare gauging interest for candidates who wish to work in the InternationalSector.
Positionsare based on a 28/28 rotation, and working worldwide. Currently the unitsare working in Namibia, with Hercules scheduled for Canada in Q2 and Mira andBollsta remaining in the African Region.
- Relevant education/certificate from technical or mechanical school/education
- Requires valid IWCF/IADC BOP Pressure Control Certificate (Subsea and Surface) – Driller Level 3
- Systematic familiarisation/competence assessment(s) for position
- Documented practical experience as Derrickman from permanent/floating installations
- Fluent written/oral English language
- Assistant Driller shall assist the Driller, Derrickman and Toolpusher with all drilling-related operations, including maintenance of drilling equipment, and shall perform their work in a safe, efficient way including reporting all incidents.
- Assistant Driller will be trained in the use of drilling equipment, including lifting gear, rotation table, etc.
- Assistant Driller shall;
- Perform checks and maintenance of drilling equipment and follow up work in the mud pumproom / mud treatment room
- Supervise and provide guidance for Derrickman, Roughnecks and other crew in everyday operations
- Assist in connecting/disconnecting BOP and risers
- Prepare all drill string equipment, etc. for subsequent work operations
- Comply with Odfjell’s job instructions at all times, while displaying a great degree of flexibility in the role and providing assistance where superiors find it appropriate.
Assistant Driller isresponsible for;
- Follow-up of Derrickmen, Roughnecks and Drill Floor relief crew
- Familiarisation with various systems and maintenance of those.
- Log-keeping, including daily recording of the number of tubular on board at all time