With experience and expertise from operations across the globe, we are proud to offer a state-of-the-art semisubmersible rig fleet and highly skilled crews equipped to operate in in the harshest environments. We have established our world-leading position in the industry through five decades of operational success in some of the most challenging natural environments on earth.
Odfjell Drilling is looking to employa Superintendent Technical Documentation at our office in Bergen to takepart in the combined effort of our Operational Compliance team to ensure astructured and optimized technical documentation for our Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU). The teamconsist of academic skilled personnel, personnel with practical and operationalexperience.
- Higher technical education (MSc, BSc or equivalent). Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience and preferably related to mobile offshore units.
- Good collaboration/communication skills.
- Must be able to work accurately and systematically.
- Good general knowledge of technical documentation.
- As the working language is English, good oral and written English skills are required.
Duties / tasks:
- Participate in the development and implementation of MODUs Technical documentation electronic support systems.
- Maintain document management procedures and instructions for use in modification projects and for maintenance of documentation in the operations phase
- Develop MODU technical document archive in close cooperation with respective MODU discipline responsible
- Responsible for administration for maintaining and revising MODU technical documentation.
- Give support to MODU operations in transmittal of technical documentation to clients and authorities.
- Support the allocated Manila resources to make sure that these have the necessary training and support to perform their duties as expected.
- Responsible for follow up rigs in the IFS CASE for major modification
- Participate in rig technical verifications offshore
- Responsible for training of personnel in IFS CASE, TechDoc and other relevant system
- Ambitious and highly motivated.
- Proactive, with “can do it” attitude to overcome challenges.
- Solution-oriented, structured, accurate and systematic.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Outgoing, positive attitude and service minded.
- Good communication and interpersonal relation skills.
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Flexible home office opportunities
- Add benefits for your location (mobile phone, home internet connection, welfare benefits)
We live our core values – Creative, Competent, Result oriented, Committed – while always being safety conscious.