With experience and expertise from operations across the globe, we are proud to offer a state-of-the-art semisubmersible rig fleet and highly skilled crews equipped to operate in in the harshest environments. We have established our world-leading position in the industry through five decades of operational success in some of the most challenging natural environments on earth.
Odfjell Drilling is looking for a Maritime Trainee within legal/tax/compliance/ESG who will rotate within various departments. Following completion of the trainee program, the intention is that the trainee will continue in a permanent position in Odfjell Drilling. This will be dependent on the trainee’s performance, motivation, and interest, combined with the group’s development and requirements. Former maritime trainees are now found in internal leading positions.
Our trainees will be part of one of the leading management programs in Norway, Maritime Trainee, which is organised for the industry by the Norwegian Shipowner’s Association (Norges Rederiforbund). The program lasts for 18 months and combines working in a world leading drilling company with an academic program with five inspiring modules in Norway, Singapore, and London. This program gives you an outstanding way to start your career. In Odfjell Drilling, you will be challenged within legal, tax, compliance, ESG, supply chain and operations. The position will be based at our office in Kokstad, Bergen, with the opportunity for shorter stays at our international locations.
Start of the program is August 2024
In addition to following the Norwegian Ship Association’s trainee program, the trainee will rotate within various departments and locations abroad in Odfjell Drilling. The candidates will also be offered rig visits at yard stays as required. The work scope will include:
- Legal support to the executive management, operations and support functions;
- Support in tender processes and contract negotiations, following up with existing clients and contract management;
- Support the business when entering new markets, including providing advice on effective structures, tax and VAT compliance;
- Assist with the further development of the group’s compliance and reporting systems;
- Support key functions in the delivery of the long term and short-term action plans, procedures, KPIs and reporting routines to meet the group’s strategy for ESG;
- Support in complying with the changing guidance, regulations and applicable disclosure frameworks related to ESG;
- Participate in risk, safety, and environmental impact assessments, including the group’s corporate risk committee;
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as required.
- Master’s degree in law or equivalent suitable degree;
- Excellent legal/regulatory competence;
- Fluent in Norwegian and English language.
- You are resourceful, independent and have the ability to see the big picture and the important details;
- You are curious and have the drive to accomplish and fulfil tasks;
- You have excellent communication and cooperation skills;
- You have a solution-oriented attitude;
- You are accurate and systematic and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
- You identify with our values: committed, safety conscious, creative, competent & result oriented;
- You have the willingness and desire to travel, and the ability to function in business cultures on all continents.
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual and professional development;
- A competent working environment, high employee satisfaction and enthusiastic colleagues;
- An individual training program designed just for you;
- Competitive terms;
- Excellent insurance schemes including health-insurance;
- Flexible work-hours;
- In-house gym-facilities.
Please apply with a cover letter, CV and transcript of grades included.
The application deadline is 1st October 2023.
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.