Are you interested in working Internationally?
Weare gauging interest for candidates who wish to work in the InternationalSector.
Positionsare based on a 28/28 rotation, and working worldwide. Currently the unitsare working in Namibia, with Hercules scheduled for Canada in Q2 and Mira andBollsta remaining in the African Region.
- Electronic Technician shall meet the requirement for formal education in engineering automation, electronics and computer systems. Requirement can be compensated with other relevant competence.
- Additional competence is required with respect to electrical installations in hazardous areas (Ex), rules and regulations, as well as system training specified tor the position.
- Systematic familiarization/Competence Assessment(s) for position
- Documented relevant experience from offshore/maritime operations
- Fluent written/oral English language.
- Electronic Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of control systems, instrumentation, navigation, communication systems and associated equipment on the unit.
- Ensure that procedures for maintenance follow-up of the rig gauges, test equipment, etc. are performed.
- Participate in the execution of multi-disciplinary maintenance.
- Housekeeping in the electronic workshop and other areas of responsibility.
- Installation of new electronic equipment.
- Control and “Hook up” of equipment for service companies and integrate them to the rig systems.
- Update and report “red mark-up” for documentation related to onboard electrical systems and installations/equipment.
- Execute planned/preventative maintenance in accordance with the company’s maintenance program and ensure that this is updated in the electronic maintenance system.
- Electronic Technician on duty has been delegated professional responsibility onboard regarding operation, maintenance and repair of the systems that are within his area of responsibility.
- Electronic Technician is responsible for ensuring that work is carried out in a safe, professional manner in accordance with the safety provisions contained in regulations and the company’s and operator’s requirements/standards.
- Electronic Technician has to ensure that insulation/isolation from electrical or electronic equipment, operated, is performed in his/her area of responsibility. This is in accordance with requirements given in the Permit to Work (PtW) system.
- Contribute to that stock is provided with the consumables, parts and tools necessary for execution of maintenance within his/her area of responsibility.
- System/Equipment responsibilities, but not restricted are:
- IAS system
- DP system
- F&G system
- ESD system
- PLC controlled equipment
- Anchor winch control system
- Drilling control system
- Mud Control System
- Navigation System
- Communication system
- Entertainment system
- Data system (computer network)
- Above mentioned systems when integrated in 3.part equipment