With experience and expertise from operations across the globe, we are proud to offer a state-of-the-art semisubmersible rig fleet and highly skilled crews equipped to operate in in the harshest environments. We have established our world-leading position in the industry through five decades of operational success in some of the most challenging natural environments on earth.
A vacancy has arisen for theposition of Assistant Corporate Secretary within our Aberdeen office.
The key duties of this positioninclude, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Assist the Corporate Secretary with adherence to applicable Corporate Governance principles
- Assist Corporate Finance and Legal and the relevant business areas with documentation and internal agreements related to subsidiaries of both Odfjell Drilling Ltd. and Odfjell Technology Ltd.
- Participate in any ongoing business management processes and any other quality improvement projects
- Act as support to the Corporate Secretary for the ultimate parent companies Odfjell Drilling Ltd. and Odfjell Technology Ltd. and certain subsidiary companies
- Assist the Corporate Secretary to ensure timely submission of quality documentation to the Board of Directors (BoD) as a basis for items of discussion and decision by the BoD
- Ensure prompt filing of all board documentation
- Follow up action items from Board meetings
- Assist with the production of the Annual Reports
- Manage Companies House filings, and maintenance of UK statutory registers
- Respond to bank Know Your Client requests, providing relevant documentation in a timely manner
- Support the Insider Trading Officer with their duties, including maintenance of insider lists
- Manage UK subsidiary Board meetings, taking minutes and actions
- Ensure Corporate database is accurate and kept up to date
- Maintain relevant corporate information and announcements on the company websites
- The above mentioned tasks are to be considered as ”normal tasks.” This implies that the position holder is not limited to perform only above mentioned tasks. The tasks for this position can be both reduced or increased according to instructions from group management and/or supervisor when company conditions require it.
- Ensure subsidiary Board Meetings are conducted effectively
- Support compliance with legal corporate requirements and good governance
The successful candidatemust have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- Further education degree preferable
- Legal qualification desirable
- Experience with company secretarial duties preferable or experience as legal secretary or Executive Assistant
- Excellent written presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Systematic, proactive, and analytical
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Able to perform well under pressure and prioritise workload
- Team player and proactive contributor
- Positive can-do attitude required with a focus on being service minded
- Self-starter able to work within a team and on own initiative
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development
- Flexible home office opportunities
- 5 weeks, 4 days holidays, plus your birthday plus 4 public holidays off per annum
- 36 hour working week with Friday being a half day
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Medical Cash Plan scheme
- Life and Personal Accident Insurance
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.