The contract value for the first two year period is expected to be approximately 120-130 MNOK. OWS was awarded 10 out of 19 rigs tendered.
In addition Odfjell Drilling has a total of six drilling contracts with StatoilHydro, for platform drilling and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units.
- We are extremely pleased with this award and will continue to deliver quality services, says Executive Vice President in OWS Øyvind Rohn. Odfjell Well Services has through Odfjell Casing Services AS, provided Casing Running Services on various installations for more than 20 years and currently employs over 130 onshore/offshore personnel.
Odfjell Well Services
Odfjell Well Services forms part of the internationally known Odfjell Drilling Group which specializes in drilling, engineering and well services, and are one of the leading Casing and Services contractors in the North Sea. In addition to its North Sea operations the company has activities in other areas such as mainland Europe and the Middle East.
For more information about Odfjell Drilling & Odfjell Well Services: http://www.odfjelldrilling.com/
Contact for further information:
Øyvind Chr. Rohn - EVP Odfjell Well Services,
Phone: +47 55 99 89 00 / Mobile: +47 47 41 66 03
About Odfjell Drilling
• Privately-owned, international drilling, well service and engineering company.
• Odfjell Drilling has 35 years' experience of international drilling operations. Since 1973, the company has carried out drilling operations in the North Sea and in most parts of the world. The company currently has contracts for 23 fixed and mobile units in the North Sea.
• The company's new build programme includes two ultra-deepwater drilling rigs and two ultra-deepwater drillships. The drilling rigs Deepsea Atlantic and Deepsea Stavanger are scheduled for delivery from DSME in South Korea in 2008 and 2010, respectively. The drillships will be delivered by Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) in the second and fourth quarters of 2011.
• The company provides comprehensive engineering services to the petroleum industry in Norway and internationally, and it has a sound market position in well services.
• Number of employees: 2,700, 1,900 of them offshore. Approx. 1,000 of the latter are attached to the Stavanger office.
• Taking on approx. 300-400 new employees annually.
• Odfjell Drilling is the Norwegian drilling contractor with the broadest range of deliveries to the oil industry.
• It currently consists of three business units:
• Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
• Platform Drilling & Technology
• Odfjell Well Services
Operations: The company is present in Stavanger, Bergen, Stjørdal, Aberdeen, London, Denmark, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), the Philippines and Korea.